Introduction to Cognitive therapy
In previous article i.e., my story of depression, discussed about the signs and symptoms and how its feel like to be depressed. In this article I will discuss key points of cognitive therapy and its component’s part wise.
Part – 1:
- Cognitive model of depression
What is Cognitive therapy?
- It’s a structured approach which is used to treat various mental health disorders like anxiety, depression, phobias etc.,
- This approach is time bound, active which is based on an underlying theory that an individual holds and describes the world around them.
- The theories are based on underlying attitudes or assumptions developed from previous experiences.
- This therapy approach involves identification, reality testing, correcting distorted concepts and dysfunctional beliefs.
- Problems and situations which are considered to be impossible will re-evaluated and mastered by clients by learning and correcting the thinking.
- This approach would correct the maladaptive thinking…
View original post 311 more words
Leave a Reply